Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hop



I treated the boys to a bunny shaped bun for Easter. J dove into his with relish. N fingered the shape, admired the shiny "skin" and wondered what was used for its eye. A raisin? A dried cherry? A seed? He smiled often. Then the meal was over and nary a bite had been taken.

"It's too pretty to eat." he replied.

Smith, trying to be helpful parent, pointed out that now was the best time to eat it because otherwise it would get stale and yucky. Which was the cue for the waterworks. The image of Sugarbear's squash came to mind.

Luckily, I was the hero of this story with my suggestion to take a picture of the bunny and we could hang up the picture in his room. Picture taken, the bunny was gobbled up. (the eye was a raisin.)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow, that is awesome! I would have been loathe to eat it, too. Unless it smelled as good as it looked!