Monday, May 05, 2008

In your eye

I have been dealing with an eye infection for the last two months. It is not the usual variety of itchiness, redness etc. It is really just a red bump on the inside of the lid. Sometimes it bugs me, sometimes it doesn't.

The eye doctor described it in great detail with a lot of names until it dawned on me what he was really saying: "you have a pimple in your eye." Given my acne-rich history I shouldn't have been surprised. His first remedy was to run lots of hot water on it and rub it. If that failed, he had a prescription for me.

So I've been on the running the hot water and gently massaging course for close to 3 weeks now. Guess what? Now I have two pimples in my eye. So I went to the pharmacy to fill the script. Guess what? $98 smackeroos.

I bet if I had eye pimples in Canada the eye drops wouldn't cost as much.

5 comments:

peevish said...

Wowee.

I promise not to laugh at you this weekend. Much, anyway.

Hey, check out my verification word:
erfvcku

That sounds filthy.

Sinda said...

hard boiled egg on the eye, or spoon in hot water. Hazel gets them sometime.

Vetmommy said...

I hope the expensive drops work, because sometimes those cysts need surgery to resolve. Yikes!

peevish said...

Oh, Michael had that surgery!

k roscoe said...

um, I'd say go with the egg.
or the canadian citizenship.
sure do miss you!